When will those in the remain camp, still smarting after coming second in the EU Referendum, realise that Brexit means Brexit?
There will be no second or third referendum, it is not the best of three. Parliament will not go against the will of the public, nor should it.
The petition on the net advocating ‘Let Parliament Decide’ is obviously collecting signatures from those very same people who voted to remain. The people of Great Britain have spoken with a clear majority, so those remainers still whingeing, get over it and move on.
Ask yourself, if the remain group had won the referendum would we be having this debate? Of course not. Those so called reliable daily papers, were biased and for remaining in the EU and are also smarting because they backed the wrong horse, so they continue with their prophecies of doom and still pedaling ‘Project Fear’ as per M.M.Graves comments in last week’s Observer.
Let’s remind ourselves why over 17.4 million people voted to leave?
1) Freedom to make stronger free trade deals with other nations (remember also we buy more from the EU than they buy from us, so they will not jeopardise their UK business and you do not need to be in the single market to access it, lots of countries access the single market).
2) Freedom to spend in the UK, the money we send to the EU.
3) Freedom to control our own national borders and limit immigration to levels which are manageable and not put a strain on our infrastructure, ie NHS, jobs, housing, education.
4) Freedom to restore Britain’s legal system.
5) Freedom to deregulate the EU’s costly mass of laws.
6) Freedom to make major savings for British consumers.
7) Freedom to improve the British economy and generate more jobs (the FTSE 100 is 14 per cent up on 12 months ago and output is up and with the economy growing).
8) Freedom to regenerate Britain’s Fisheries.
9) Freedom to save the NHS from EU threats to undermine it by harmonising healthcare across the EU, and to reduce welfare payments to non-UK EU citizens.
10) Freedom to restore British customs and traditions.
The UK is expanding faster than the EU and the fact remains, the EU is in decline, 43 years in a failing organisation is long enough, so now lets get on with it and trigger article 50 and leave this expensive, non-elected, bureaucratic club to slip into obscurity.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.