A MUSICIAN died after taking a lethal cocktail of drugs at a friend’s flat.
Dean Langley, 30, was found lying on the floor at the Cambridge Gardens flat by Michael Pearce.
He had been there the night before with friends drinking and taking heroin and other drugs.
An inquest into Mr Langley’s death, which happened on August 10 last year, was held on Wednesday.
Mr Pearce said: “I knew Dean for three years and he was a user of heroin, crack cocaine, speed and cannabis. He was at the flat for two nights before he died.
“He injected heroin two days earlier and fell out of the chair. I did CPR and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.”
The inquest heard Mr Langley overdosed on heroin the evening before he died and stopped breathing, but Mr Pearce was again able to revive him. Dr Roger Elias, Mr Langley’s GP, said he had Asperger’s syndrome, a form of autism, was prone to binge drinking and suffered from depression.
His mum, Marsha, said: “When Dean was 17 he was using drugs and into busking. He mixed with other musicians and started smoking cannabis. He was with the Seaview Project in Hastings and suffered bouts of depression.
“Dean was living rough by last May but by the end of June he was off drugs and alcohol and starting to get himself sorted out.”
Mr Langley, of Windsor Road, Bexhill, drew the attention of police in 2010 as people complained about him busking in the Old Town, repeatedly singing American Pie and the Oasis classic Wonderwall while playing his guitar.
Dr Mark Taylor, the pathologist who carried out the postmortem, said Mr Langley died owing to heroin toxicity.
Coroner Alan Craze recorded a verdict of death by dependence on drugs.