A woman was led to safety after firefighters gained entry to a St Leonards property because of a suspected gas leak yesterday evening (Thursday, March 2).
One East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crew from Hastings was sent to Horntye Road following reports of a gas leak at 6.05pm.
The crew gained entry and one person was led to safety before a gas engineer was called to attend, a fire service spokesman said.
An ambulance was called to the incident and the woman was checked over at the scene, a South East Coast Ambulance Service spokesman said.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.