UPDATE: St Leonards cooker fire deemed accidental

Fire engines on Norman Road tackling a cooker blaze. Photo by Paul Ashton
Fire engines on Norman Road tackling a cooker blaze. Photo by Paul Ashton

A fire at a property in St Leonards was deemed to be accidental this afternoon (Wednesday, June 8).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Hastings, Bexhill and Battle were mobilised at around 12.35pm to a property in Norman Road following reports of a fire involving a cooker extraction system.

Four appliances, along with the Aerial Ladder Platform, were sent and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used 1-in-7 foam to tackle to fire.

Crews deemed the fire was caused by accident and no injuries were reported.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.