The CQC is undertaking an unannounced inspection of the hospitals under the East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust today (March 25) and tomorrow (March 26).
This comes just days before the delayed CQC inspection report on the hospitals is set to be released.
The inspector is set to interview staff in the latest visit to the hospitals, to hear about their experiences in working for the trust.
It is not clear why the CQC has made an unannounced visit, as the public is still waiting for the results of an inspection in September 2014.
The report suffered a series of delays, but was due to be finalised on Monday (March 23), and released in the next week.
Darren Grayson, Chief Executive of the Trust said, “We can confirm that the Care Quality Commission (CQC) are carrying out an unannounced inspection at Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH today (Wednesday) and tomorrow (Thursday).
“We welcome the visit by the CQC and continue to operate normally during their inspection.”
A spokesman for the CQC said, “Following an inspection last year we are about to report our findings following our inspection last year. To ensure we give the most accurate picture to date, CQC inspectors are visiting the trust this week and we will be publishing the report on March 27 (Friday).““