Tumble dryer fire in St Leonards

Fire crews attend chemical spill at Charles Wells Brewery
Fire crews attend chemical spill at Charles Wells Brewery

A tumble dryer on fire in St Leonards was extinguished by firefighters this morning (Monday, November 2).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to a property on Chapel Park Road at around 11.20am.

Crews used two breathing apparatus, CO2 and one hose reel jet to put out the fire and then a PPV fan to clear the smoke.

There were no reported injuries.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.