Three men have been arrested for a racially aggravated assault on a woman in Hastings last month.
A 25-year-old Muslim woman was walking on Bohemia Road at around 11am on March 27 when she was confronted by three men by the Hastings Museum opposite Falaise Road.
The woman crossed the road to avoid them but as she walked away one of the men grabbed her headscarf and pulled it off her head.
One of the men is thought to have filmed it on his phone.
A 21-year-old, a 22-year-old and a 24-year-old man, all local, have been arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault.
The three have been released on bail until April 19.
PC Ian Riches, of Sussex Police, said: “Although the woman was not injured she felt degraded and was emotionally affected by the incident, which we believe was racially motivated.
“We are appealing to anyone who might have been in the area at the time and might have seen what happened to contact us.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 409 of 27/03.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.