A road was closed in Hastings Old Town yesterday afternoon (Saturday, March 5) after a small sink hole appeared outside St Clement’s Church.
Although the hole itself was relatively small, the void underneath was estimated to be around 2m x 1.5m.
Because of the potential danger, police closed Croft Road, meaning a lengthy diversion for motorists.
The road remained closed until East Sussex County Council engineers attended and filled the hole later in the evening.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.