SEVERAL residents were evacuated from their homes after a water bioler exploded.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Manor Road on Sunday afternoon at around 4.10pm.
Peter Everett, watch commander at The Ridge fire station, said a family had recently moved into the house where the hot water tank exploded and were taken to the Conquest Hospital for a check-up after suffering from shock.
He said they were currently living in alternative accommodation.
Mr Everett said: “There was a bit of damage and water came down from the ceiling. Fortunately no one was in the room where the tank was.
“We did evacuate the immediate neighbours and informed the gas board. The neighbours deserve praise as they took quick action in getting people out.”