Residents were evacuated from a block of flats after a fire broke out this afternoon (Sunday, August 21).
The fire, believed to be electrical, happened in a first-floor flat in Cornwallis Gardens at around 4pm.
Firefighters attended the scene.
A witness said around half a dozen people were evacuated to safety, as well as a couple of pets from different flats.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.