THE Rotary Club of Hastings has lit up its annual Tree of Light.
People are invited to sponsor lights on the tree, which was illuminated yesterday evening (Thursday) in Priory Meadow, in memory of a relative or friends who have passed away in return for a small donation.
All funds raised will be distributed to the needy this Christmas, as well as St Leonards-based charity St Michael’s Hospice. Rotary club members are urging people to take part and support the annual appeal and remember their loved ones with a light.
To participate, fill in the coupon on this page and post or take it to Rotary Tree of Light, c/o Halifax plc, 1 Queens Road, Hastings TN34 1QP with a donation, which will be passed to the Rotary Club of Hastings.
A list of names will be published in the Observer over the following weeks. The Rotary Club has run the Tree of Light since 1997 and around £50,000 has been raised since then for St Michael’s Hospice and those in need at Christmas.
The first list of names to appear on the tree are as follows:
* Eileen Rose Veness - a very precious mum
* David John Pepper - a very precious dad
* My devoted mum (Jo) Joyce Wilson
* Janet and Richard Goodfellow
* Keith Filmer - my son
* My sister - Carole Johanna Hill
* Our daughter - Emma May Huckins
* My husband - Victor Bray
* Yvonne Irwin
* David and Peggy Walsh
* Hannah Riley
* Bernard and Judy Walker
* Jack Nessling
* Paddy, Ivy and Kevin Nolan
* My dear husband John Sharratt
* Michael Bone
* Doroth Young
* Mollie and Cyril Basson
* My gran - Grace Turrell
* Graham Hilder - a dearly loved son and brother
* My dear husband - Dennis O’Keefe
* My dear dad - Terry Sorby
* Chub Collins
* John and Tom Winch
* My lovely and special friend - Ami Ling
* Marie Lawford - a dear friend