POISON ALERT AT COLLEGE
HUNDREDS of students were evacuated from Hastings College on Wednesday after a poisonous acid leak.
The college's art building on Archery Road was cordoned off by fire crews from Bohemia and The Ridge for over an hour while firefighters in breathing apparatus removed the faulty bottle.
Paramedics arrived at the scene at about 3pm but no one was injured and no one had to be treated.
College principal Julie Walker said: "We had a very minor leak from a faulty bottle in the art building. Our technicians responded immediately in accordance with our emergency procedures and the fire brigade even commended us on our actions."