Person suffers smoke inhalation after St Leonards kitchen fire

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

A person was given oxygen after breathing in smoke during a kitchen fire in St Leonards yesterday (Sunday, July 17).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Hastings were sent to the fire on London Road, St Leonards, at around 4.45pm.

Crews tackled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel.

The casualty who suffered smoke inhalation was given oxygen by the fire crews.

It was a busy day for Hastings firefighters as they were later sent to the East Hill after reports of black smoke at about 9.30pm.

Firefighters used a flexpack to tackle the gorse fire.

Then Hastings crews were sent to Shepherd Street, St Leonards, after electrics became flooded at around 11pm.

No action was needed from the service.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.