Warning after disposable barbecues cause six bin fires at Camber Sands

Rother District Council has warned people that disposable barbecues are not permitted at Camber Sands, after they caused six bin fires.

Wednesday, 16th June 2021, 5:05 pm

Six bin fires at Camber Sands since last Friday have been caused by people putting disposable barbecues in the bin containers on site at the popular beach, according to Rother District Council.

The issue has seen the fire service called out on each occasion.

Disposable barbecues are not permitted on the beach and must not be disposed of in litter bins, the council added.

Bin fires at Camber have been caused by people putting disposable barbecues in the bin containers. Picture: Rother District Council SUS-210616-163422001
Bin fires at Camber have been caused by people putting disposable barbecues in the bin containers. Picture: Rother District Council SUS-210616-163422001
Bin fires at Camber have been caused by people putting disposable barbecues in the bin containers. Picture: Rother District Council SUS-210616-163411001
Bin fires at Camber have been caused by people putting disposable barbecues in the bin containers. Picture: Rother District Council SUS-210616-163401001