Three appliances sent to Bexhill flat fire

Three fire engines were sent to tackle a kitchen fire at a flat in Bexhill.

Tuesday, 13th October 2020, 1:33 pm
Updated Tuesday, 13th October 2020, 1:36 pm
Picture: Bobo Reynolds

The crews were sent to the property in St Leonards Road, Bexhill, at 7.11pm on Monday (October 13).

A spokesman for the fire service said the cause of the kitchen fire was found to be accidental.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the building, according to a fire service spokesman.

There were no reports of any injuries.