Television presenter, Ruth Langsford is a busy working mum and knows how much pressure there is to put something tasty on the table that will be enjoyed by everyone.
Giving busy families a helping hand at dinner time, Ruth teams up with Development Chef Serge Nollet, as he shows you how to recreate the authentic taste of the chippy as a perfect family meal - what could be homier?
With a few top tips and tricks hidden up his sleeve, Serge proves that sometimes frozen food can be the perfect remedy for families with a busy schedule and a healthy alternative to eating out.
The mouth-watering meal of Young’s Chip Shop Cod Fillets with homemade chips, curry sauce and minted mushy peas is easy to make – watch Ruth taste the finished result.
Ruth’s top mealtime tips:
1. Get the whole family together as much as possible – with different working hours, homework deadlines and social plans it can be very tricky to spend quality time together as a family. Try and schedule a dine-in night at least twice a week where you can eat dinner together and talk about your days.
2. No phones at the dinner table – family mealtimes should mean quality time together. With a no phones rule, everyone gets to spend time together chatting and enjoying a delicious dinner.
3. Use your freezer – it can be difficult to find healthy options that everyone will enjoy during a busy week but having delicious meals in the freezer means there will always be something quick and tasty ready to be served.
4. Eat fish more often– fish is naturally low in fat, yet high in protein, vitamins and minerals including omega 3. Young’s take all the hard work out of preparing delicious fish meals so you can enjoy it more often in the week.
5. Try something new – keep mealtimes exciting by adding a new dish to your repertoire every so often.
The Young’s website has loads of recipe inspiration so take a look and let the compliments start rolling in!