Hastings Pier has clarified its rules on dogs ahead of it reopening to the public this year.
A spokesman from the Hastings Pier Charity told the Observer: “Following the rules of Hastings beach, well-behaved dogs on leads will be allowed onto the pier during the off-peak season (September 30 - April 30) but not during the peak summer months.
“Dogs will not be allowed on the terrace deck or at events at any time of the year.
“Assistance dogs are always welcome.”
Hastings Pier’s Opening Gala will take place on Saturday, May 21, with a Gala Entertainment session from 3pm to 6pm and sell-out concert by nutty boys Madness in the evening.
The Hastings Pier Charity previously said the pier would be open to the public ‘no later than the middle of April’.
An official opening date, when the public will be allowed onto the pier, has yet to be announced.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.