A HAMMER has been seized after two men were left with head injuries following a fight in Westfield.
Police and paramedics were called to Westfield Lane at 2am on Wednesday April 9, following a phone call from a man who said he had been attacked by a man he knew.
Emergency services arrived on the scene and the victim, believed to be aged in his 30s, was taken to the Conquest Hospital in Hastings with a head injury.
It is not known how serious the man’s injuries were, but a spokesperson for the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) said the patient had been taken in ‘as a priority’.
Another man, who had made his own way to the Conquest, was also treated for head injuries.
Sussex Police said they had received a call from another man at hospital who said his son had also been attacked in Westfield Lane.
Police say they have seized a hammer and are considering whether it was used in the attack.
A 25-year-old man from Hastings and a 51-year-old man from Bexhill were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) and bailed until May 28. A 39-year-old man from Bexhill was arrested on suspicion of GBH and bailed until May 27.
All three men are known to each other..
Anyone who saw what happened or saw either a VW Golf or white Vauxhall Astra Van in the area at the time of the incident is asked to call police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 72 of 9/4.
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.