FIVE fire appliances and 25 officers were called out to a chip pan fire at a block of flats that was out on arrival.
The scare was sparked at 3.50pm on Sunday at Bevin Court, Stonehouse Drive in St Leonards.
Engines from Battle, Bexhill, The Ridge, Bohemia Road and an aerial appliance were called to the flat which was located mid way up the building.
But the blaze was out by the time the crews arrived. The building was not evacauted.
The Ridge Station watch commander Keith Morris said: “When we get calls from blocks of flats like this it’s standard procedure to send this many appliances.
“Thankfully the chip pan was out on arrival but we can never take risks with so many people living there.”