Fire at St Leonards house

The fire was started accidentally
The fire was started accidentally

A fire broke out in a kitchen yesterday evening (Saturday, October 17) at a house in St Leonards.

Firefighters were called to the scene in Collinswood Drive just before 9.20pm after receiving reports that people were inside the property.

A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said everyone was accounted for when fire crews, who used two breathing apparatus, arrived on scene.

The kitchen was also ventilated to get rid of smoke.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.