Early morning Hastings rubbish fire

editorial image
Share this article

A fire started in rubbish was extinguished by firefighters in the early hours of this morning (Thursday, November 19).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a house fire in Bembrook Road.

Three appliances from Hastings were mobilised to the incident at around 12:15am.

The fire, which had started to the side of the property in rubbish, was extinguished using one hose reel and has been confirmed as accidental.

Crews left the scene about 12:55am.

Firefighters rushed to reports of a blazing washing machine yesterday (Wednesday, November 18).

Three appliances from Hastings were mobilised to the incident at around 3:50pm at a property on Castle Hill Passage.

The fire, which had started in a washing machine, was out on arrival.

Firefighters left the scene at 4:45pm after ensuring the area was safe.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.