Breaking news: Elderly Hastings residents left without water

Residents in Beaufort Court had their water cut off
Residents in Beaufort Court had their water cut off

Residents of a retirement housing block in Hastings are today (Wednesday, June 17) without water following what is believed to be a mains burst in Alexandra Park.

Around 95 flats in Beaufort Court, Beaufort Road, have been without water since 2pm according to residents.

The Observer was contacted by Paul Clark who said no-one had officially told them why the water to the sheltered housing had been cut off.

“It is about that time of day when you want to do some cooking,” he said.

“You can’t pull the toilet or anything.

“There are so many disabled and elderly people in these blocks of flats.”

Mr Clark, himself in his 70s, said one resident was 104 years old.

“It would have been nice if someone had contacted residents to tell us the water had been cut off,” he said.

We have requested more information from the water company and will be updating the website as we know more.

The sheltered housing block is managed by Orbit South.

Have you been affected by the water main burst?

Let us know by emailing richard.gladstone@jpress.co.uk

UPDATE 5.30pm: A Horntye Road resident tell the Observer their water was restored at 4.30pm.

UPDATE: Southern Water ‘working to fix’ Hastings main

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk

2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3 Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.