Battle Abbey School is celebrating yet another excellent set of A Level results, with record levels of students surpassing their predicted grades.
David Clark, head master at Battle Abbey School, said: “We are absolutely thrilled with another excellent set of results at A Level this year.
“We leapt from 29 candidates last year to 44 this year but still achieved superb results across the board.
“In fact 90 percent of our candidates achieved A*-C grades, with 64 percent of all candidates achieving A*-B grades.
“These results are especially notable and demonstrate, once again, that Battle Abbey School has a well-deserved reputation for adding academic value in a mixed ability setting.”
He added: “So many of our pupils did brilliantly and record levels surpassed their predicted grades.
“Particular mention, however, should go to Phoebe Crane who achieved three A* grades and is taking a gap year before starting her degree in medicine, JJ Choron who achieved three A grades and is off to UCL to study physics, Tabitha Fricker with two A*s and a B will study psychology at Royal Holloway and Sophie Cole, despite fierce international competition, has been accepted to study fine art at Central St Martins.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.