Simple, nutritious chocolate pancakes for Pancake Day
Pancake day takes place on Tuesday, February 16, and this recipe is packed with nutritious chickpeas and cashew and is deliciously good for you.
Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday - the first day of lent.
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 pancakes
Allergens: Dairy (optional)
Skills: Sieving flour, whisking, flipping a pancake, chopping fruit
Ingredients you’ll need:
For the pancakes:
100g chickpea/gram flour (your can purchase this on our website here)
Glug of olive oil
For the chocolate sauce:
60g cashew nuts
130ml milk (or dairy free alternative)
15g cacao powder
1. Sieve the chickpea flour into a mixing bowl and whisk in the water and a small splash of olive oil.
2. Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil. When it's hot pour some batter into it, shape it into a circle and then flip when it starts to bubble and the sides come away (around 2-3 mins) - you will need to use a spatula/turner and if it sticks just give it another minute to cook.
3. Cook for another 2-3 mins on the other side and then repeat until all of the batter is used up (you may need a splash more olive oil after the second or third pancake).
4. Blitz the chocolate ingredients in a blender until smooth - add a splash more milk if it needs it to blend easily.
5. Spread a big dollop of chocolate sauce over one half of a pancake, add sliced banana and then cover with the other half of the pancake.....enjoy!
Little Cooks Co is a monthly subscription-based recipe kit that’s posted through the letterbox, direct to kids, in a neat 100 per cent recyclable box with compostable packaging. The box is packed with all the natural and healthy dry ingredients of that month’s delicious and nutritious recipe for kids to bake in the home.
Little Cooks Co is on a mission to teach kids to love cooking and eating healthy food and to create happy family memories along the way.
All recipes are designed by a registered nutritionist and based on the latest science and research, not outdated models of calorie counting. The recipes use whole natural ingredients, no refined carbohydrates (which are a key driver of obesity), and all ingredients in the box are organic.
Little Cooks Co a delicious, healthy and fun recipe kit, for kids, delivered straight to your door from £8.33 a month. Visit www.littlecooksco.co.uk