Thank you for publishing my letter in your last week’s edition of the Observer.
Gathering all of the comments made by concerned contributors to the CQC’s investigation into Dr Chopra’s medical practice, it is quite clear that the CQC have made a monumental error of judgement in proclaiming that his medical practice is ‘inadequate’.
In my view the following should now be implemented at once:
(1) The CQC should immediately withdraw their investigations and offer their profound apologies to Dr Chopra, his family, his staff and his patients for the hurt and anguish caused by their hasty action.
(2) It is crystal clear that the CQC cannot distinguish between ‘serious allegations’, which of course must be investigated, and malicious vindictive accusations.
3) Our MP, Amber Rudd to insist the CQC publish the entire cost of this investigation. All said and done, it is our money they are spending, not their own.
4) The perpetrator of this deleterious complaint should search their soul, come out of his/her shadowy existence and explain his/her actions. But let’s face it, it is not going to happen, is it!.
5) If it is not already in progress, the full weight of the legal departments within the British Medical Association, The General Medical Council and the Royal College of Physicians should at once come to the defence of Dr. Chopra and thereby protect his reputation and integrity.
6) Finally, we as patients, hope and pray he does not yield to this needless abuse.
Hole Farm Close
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.