Woman suffers smoke inhalation after St Leonards fire

Fire & Rescue East Sussex
Fire & Rescue East Sussex

A woman was treated for minor smoke inhalation after a cooking fire in St Leonards yesterday (Sunday, March 6).

Two East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service appliances from Hastings were sent to a flat on Sussex Road after a pan of overcooked food set off a fire alarm at 5.50pm.

The fire was out on arrival but the woman was treated by South East Coast Ambulance Service but declined further hospital treatment.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.