Firefighters tackled a chimney fire at a house in Hastings today (Monday, June 13).
One East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crew and the aerial ladder platform attending the fire on Bembrook Road after being called at around 11.40am.
Crews used a ‘chimney kit’ to tackle the fire and a home safety visit was offered to the occupants, once the fire had been extinguished.
The road was closed by police while the fire was dealt with.
@Hastings_police tweeted it would be shut for ‘a short time’.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.