St Leonards fire caused by overcooked food

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
0
Have your say

Burnt food caused a fire in St Leonards this morning (Friday, February 5).

Two East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service appliances from The Ridge and Hastings were mobilised at around 11.20am after reports of food which had been overheated.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire with one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

Following the incident, firefighters carried out a home safety visit.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.