Safety warning after St Leonards tumble dryer fire

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

The fire service issued a safety warning over electrical fire after a tumble dryer caught alight in St Leonards this afternoon (Wednesday, May 18).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Hastings were sent to the fire on Roundwood Road at around 12.15pm.

The fire was out on arrival and crews carried out a home safety visit at the property.

Business safety manager Mark Hobbs said: “All electrical appliances can potentially become a source of fire.

“If there is an electrical fire, pull the plug out, or switch off the power at the fuse box - if it’s safe to do so.

“Sometimes this can stop the fire immediately.

“Never use water on an electrical fire, and don’t take any risks with your safety - get out, stay out and call 999.

“Occasionally appliances may be subject to a recall where manufacturers have identified a significant problem. See if your appliance is subject to a product recall or register it if you haven’t done so already.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.