A man who died in a house fire in St Leonards during the early hours of Sunday (September 6) has been formally named by police.
Ian Wilson, 41, lived in the house in Hollington Old Lane where the fire broke out.
A post mortem examination by a Home Office pathologist, carried out on Wednesday (September 9), showed that Mr Wilson died as a result of the fire.
Due to the circumstances surrounding his death, it is expected that the coroner for East Sussex will hold an inquest at a later date.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.