Man loses his cool after fridge falls and traps him by the leg

0
Have your say

A MAN had to be rescued by firefighters after a fridge freezer fell on top of him in his flat trapping his leg.

A fire crew from Bohemia Road Station attended the property in St Helens Road at 2.50pm last Saturday.

The man had been moving the fridge from his pantry when he lost control trapping his leg between the appliance and a wall.

Firefighters released the man after a 30-minute ordeal. Paramedics gave him a check over at the scene but he was not injured. Crew commander Graham Geer said: “It was a very rare incident. He had been moving it around the flat when he became stuck. We managed to lift it off and fortunately nothing was broken.”