DCSIMG

Residents evacuated after fire

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in their flat in St Leonards this morning (Thursday).

Firefighters and the police were called to the scene in Gensing Road just after 2am after receiving reports that persons were trapped inside.

The fire was put out within minutes and is being treated as accidental.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said: “We understand three residents of the address were treated at the Conquest Hospital for the effects of smoke inhalation.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page