THE 30th Hastings Half Marathon takes place on Sunday 23rd March, and is organised again by the Lions Club of Hasting, for our community. It starts at 10.30am.
All monies raised from the Event go back into the community.
May we ask the wonderful public in the Hastings and surrounding areas to plan their day accordingly, to avoid too much inconvenience to themselves:-
1. Plan any vehicle journey on day to avoid route and peak times 10.30 to 1pm.
2. Advise any visitors what is happening.
3. Note that the A21 and Battle Road to Town Centre are NOT affected.
4. Please come and support the runners – they love you!
5. Many entertainment focal points on route to inspire the runners, from choirs, bands, discos, drum bands, cheer leaders and of course the Pots and Pan
We Apologise in advance for the sounds of music during this short period of the day that may cause any inconvenience but this entertainment is a vital part of the event.
As well as the top Sussex athletes competing in the Sussex Half Marathon Championships, we are fortunate to have some class athletes from Kenya and also welcome our visitors from twin towns in The Netherlands, Belgium and France.
Please also stay and support the slower participants and cheer them on because they are usually raising vast sums for needy causes.
Go to our web site www.hastings-half.co.uk for more details.
Thankyou for your patience and fantastic support and please continue to show the world that Hastings has the best crowd support and spectators.
ERIC HARDWICK, MBE
Hastings Half Maratho