DCSIMG

Get on board bus debate, urges MP

Hastings MP Amber Rudd has challenged residents to treble the number of people taking part in East Sussex County Council’s bus service consultation.

The council has proposed axing and cutting back services as part of ongoing cost saving measures.

Ms Rudd said: “My position is clear. I am totally opposed to these changes and will be submitting my objections to the formal consultation.

“I don’t want to see any resident who is elderly, vulnerable or isolated being impacted negatively by these proposed changes. People need to get to school, to work and to local amenities such as doctor’s surgeries. I will opposed these changes as I believe they will put at risk the chance for residents to go about their everyday lives.”

So far 570 individuals and businesses have taken part in the consultation and Amber says she wants to see this number treble.

The consultation runs until September 28. Residents can take part by going online at https://consultation.eastsussex.gov.uk/economy-transport-environmnet/individualbuschanges/consult_view or requesting a paper copy.

Ms Rudd said: “It is really important that everyone who uses these services, or knows of people that do, take part, put objections, comments and concerns and let the county council know why our bus services are so important to our communities. Let’s treble those numbers and show how concerned we are about our bus services.”

Labour parliamentary candidate for Hastings, Sarah Owen said: “Good local buses are vital for our rural communities.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news