Kitchen fire in Hastings

Fire
Fire

A kitchen fire in Hastings was tackled by firefighters yesterday evening (Tuesday, August 11).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire at a flat on Russell Street with people inside.

Three fire engines, the aerial ladder platform and three officers were mobilised to the address at around 5:15pm.

Crews found a fire in the kitchen and used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.

All persons were accounted for and the cause of the fire was found to be accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.