A house fire, which claimed the life of a man in St Leonards over the weekend, is being treated as unexplained.
Sussex Police and East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service are currently investigating what caused the fatal blaze which broke out in a property in Hollington Old Lane shortly before 2am on Sunday (September 6).
A 41-year-old man who lived at the property was found with serious injuries.
Despite efforts by paramedics to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post mortem examination by a Home Office pathologist will take place on Wednesday (September 9).
Detective Inspector Hannah Willard, of Sussex Police, said the cause of the fire remains unexplained.
But she added: “We’re not looking for anyone else in connection with this tragic but isolated incident.
“However, we would like to hear from anyone who feels they may have information that could assist us with our enquiries.
“They should email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 101, quoting Operation Roberton.”
A 78-year-old woman, who had also been in the house at the time of the fire, escaped unhurt.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.