Inquest hears of mother’s accidental overdose

0
Have your say

A DEPRESSED mum accidentally overdosed on painkillers on the day she was due to be evicted from her home.

Tracy Lloyd, 42, of Western Road, St Leonards, was taken to the Conquest Hospital after her son Scott and his sisters discovered she was unwell while at their flat.

An inquest into Miss Lloyd’s death, which happened on November 5 last year, was held on Wednesday.

Her son, of Southwater Road, St Leonards, said: “Mum was lying on her back and I could not hear her breathing nor see her chest move. She was cold when I looked at her. I called my sisters then rang an ambulance and paramedics arrived five minutes later and took her to the Conquest.”

Miss Lloyd sadly died a short while after being admitted.

Her son said: “Someone was coming over to help us find different accommodation as we were due to move that day. Mum was badly affected about having to move because she liked the flat.”

The inquest heard that Miss Lloyd, a waitress, had a long history of alcohol abuse and depression. She took a number of overdoses of prescribed drugs as ‘cries for help’.

She was on strong painkillers as she suffered from colitis and cirrhosis of the liver.

Mr Lloyd said: “Mum was an alcoholic following the death of her mother in 1997, who she was very close to. She would often try and give up drinking but it would not last long.”

Coroner Alan Craze said: “There was a history of depression but suicide cannot be proved. She (Miss Lloyd) was due to be evicted that day she died. There was no note nor mention of suicide.”

He recorded a verdict of accidental death.