Hastings surgery closed to patients

News
News

A surgery in Hastings has been closed to patients for up to eight weeks, it has been confirmed today (Monday, July 27).

A patient at Cornwallis Surgery contacted the Observer this afternoon to tell us that her appointment for tomorrow (Tuesday, July 28) had been cancelled because the surgery had no doctors.

She said: “The surgery rang me to inform me at present they do not have a doctor. I have been informed I will need to go to the walk-in centre, state what has happened and I will be seen by a doctor although the waiting time could be very long.”

A spokesman for the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) said Cornwallis Surgery was temporarily shut for eight weeks.

Have you been affected by the closure. Email richard.gladstone@jpress.co.uk.

More details on this story will follow.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.