Residents living near the Powdermill Stream in Crowhurst are being told to take action as water levels rise.
The Environment Agency issued a flood warning - the second highest alert - following very heavy rainfall this morning (Tuesday, September 22).
The organisation says localised flooding is expected near the stream between the old Post Office and Recreation Ground South of Sandrock Hill Road.
It added that residents who have flood protection measures should deploy them.
Meanwhile a flood alert has been issued for Combe Haven near the Powdermill and Watermill streams.
The Environment Agency says nearby homes should be prepared as localised flooding is possible.
EA operational teams are working in the area to clear grills and manage flood defences.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.