Firefighters rescue woman from flat

0
Have your say

A woman was rescued from her burning flat early this morning (Friday) in Ore

Firefighters attended the scene in Old London Road just before 5.50am after a neighbour reported smoke coming from the flat.

Crews from both The Ridge and Bohemia Road Fire Stations put the blaze out in the living room, which was caused by a cigarette.

Shaun Rogers, crew commander at The Ridge, said: “The cigarette fell into a waste basket which caught fire. A table also caught fire as a result.

“There was not a great deal of fire damage but the flat was heavily smoke-logged.

“A neighbour contacted us after hearing the fire alarm in the flat.”

The woman was taken to the Conquest Hospital for a check-up.