Fire in St Leonards flat

Fire crews
Fire crews

One person was led to safety after a fire broke out in a flat in St Leonards early this morning (Sunday, June 27).

Firefighters were called to Chapel Park Road just after 2am following the fire, which started in the kitchen.

A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was caused by a grill pan fire.

Several other residents were evacuated from the building.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus while at the scene.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.