Fire breaks out at hotel

Firefighters at the Royal Victoria Hotel. Photo by David Johnson
Firefighters at the Royal Victoria Hotel. Photo by David Johnson

Guests were evacuated from a St Leonards hotel last night (Thursday) after a fire broke out.

Firefighters from both Bohemia Road and The Ridge Fire Stations were called to the Royal Victoria Hotel just after 10.30pm.

Paul Way, crew commander from Bohemia Road, said the fire was small and confined to one guest room.

He added it started because of an electrical fault and all guests were evacuated to safety.