Major disruption is on the cards tomorrow (Wednesday) as teachers, nurses, doctors, council workers and other public sector staff are to go on strike.
Most of the town’s schools will be shutting their doors as the unions stage the nationwide day of industrial action in opposition to Government cuts.
Picketing workers are also protesting against proposals by Whitehall to make them work for more years before retirement and pay higher contributions towards their pension.
Hastings and District Trades Council, backed by Hastings Against Cuts, is organising a march tomorrow in support of the strikes.
Demonstrators are meeting at Hastings Pier at 11.30am before marching to the town centre for a rally.
The following schools will be partly closed tomorrow:
* Christ Church Church of England Primary School
* Churchwood Community Primary School. Open for year five and year six pupils. The morning nursery is also open but the Ducklings and afternoon nursery are shut.
* Red Lake Community Primary School. The nursery remains open from 8.50am to 11.50am as usual.
The following schools are closed to all pupils tomorrow:
* All Saints C of E Junior School
* Blacklands Primary School
* Castledown Primary School
* Dudley Infant School
* Elphinstone Community School
* Guestling-Bradshaw Church of England Primary School
* Helenswood School
* Hollington Primary School
* Little Ridge Community Primary School
* Sandown Primary School
* Saxon Mount School
* Silverdale Primary School
* St Leonards Church of England Primary School
* St Paul’s Church Of England Primary School
* The Hastings Academy
* Torfield School
* West St Leonards Community Primary School
Full details about strike action can be found on www.eastsussex.gov.uk.