Accidental cooker fire in St Leonards flat

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Firefighters tackled an accidental cooker fire in a St Leonards flat this afternoon (Thursday, January 7).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to Warrior Square, following reports of smoke issuing from a fourth floor flat.

Three appliances from Hastings were mobilised at around 12.55pm.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to extinguish the accidental cooker fire.

Crews used a Positive Pressure Fan to ventilate the property and provided a home safety visit before leaving the premises.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ 2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.